Monday 3 January 2011

Making New Patches... Ace Roofing Co

With all the patches on this jacket, I know for sure they cannot be found or bought, particularly the Ace Roofing Co and Safe Driver/Atlantic Bell patches, so, like warmcanofcoke, I will be making this.. or at least photoshopping them and getting a company to embroider them!



While warmcanofcoke (of LiveJournal) did an excellent reproduction of this for their jacket, I always thought it looked a bit squashed, so I have made my recreation of the Ace Roofing Co patch.

This patch is always seen on Ace's jacket throughout the show and has been reproduced by the production crew for the duplicate/stunt jackets.

The top right graphic you'll see a badly done reproduction of the patch!! [Picture from "Battlefield" publicity pictures] tsk tsk BBC Costume Department - like we wouldn't notice (and we didn't but that's not the point)

For your information, the font is Bender by Jovanny Lemonad available for FREE at myfonts.com

I hope to summarise the company or companies I will be using to print/embroider these soon. Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, can't help but notice the placement of "Lee." In a lot of pictures recently, I've noticed the the "L" of "Lee" is under the R in Roofing. So "Lee" may NOT be centered but actually favor the left side of the patch. We should look at some episodes and try to examine that more closely AND if the placement of "Lee" on the black & white patch AND the colored patch are the same. - Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Kurt! I think you're right on this account, I'll revise my graphic.

    Having looked at as many pictures as possible, the white one is in fact the crude hand-sewn one produced by the production team. The real one is still the coloured one.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete